Saturday, May 31, 2008

I'm sorry... what?

Every day the kids get up about 30-45 minutes before me. They have a list of "getting ready" chores and they are supposed to start their list when they get up and be well into them by the time I'm up. This year, the older kids also have the added chore of helping Emma with something. Lindsey is supposed to fix her breakfast and Kurt is to fix her lunch, then she packs it. It works out well and we've had a really good year with it. Friday was a bit different though, Kurt knocked at our door and said Lindsey wasn't up yet, something he is supposed to do - let me know this so I can take care of it, not him. I walked into her bedroom to find her "still sleeping" and this note taped to her bunk bed.




In case its too hard to read the bottom, it says:


Dear Mom,
I didnt finnish
my homework.
So I'm not
going to school
until it's done all
the way.

Love,
<3 Lindsey <3

P.S. Depending
on when your
reading this
goodnight or
goodmorning



Ya, what? I can't decide if I'm more shocked that she did it or that she thought it would work. Did she actually think this would work? Who knows what is really going through an 11 year old girls mind! However, you have to give her credit, she knows that she has to bring home progress reports on Fridays and if it isn't what we think it should be, she's grounded. So, she said that since she knew she would be grounded when she came home, she had decided to just not go. Hmmm, genius or crazy? Any ideas?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That girl is hilarious.

Mindy Bycroft said...

Hilarious was not a choice! My vote is crazy!

Anne said...

hahaha! That is awesome in my book!

Pamela Anderson said...

Hmmm. Intersting! But in all seriousness, didn't she get grounded anyways? I vote pre-teen crazy! Genius would have finished her work on the way to school. But what do I know my kid is only 7 yrs old.